10 Tips for Applying Mineral Blusher
Posted on 27 July 2016
Of all the colour cosmetics blush is the one that can make or break a look.
Fortunately, properly selected and applied blush is an indispensable tool to complete a makeup.
Here are 10 tips on choosing applying blusher:
- For a sun-kissed patina: dab a little bronzer powder on your forehead, chin & nose;
- Make sure to blend makeup into your jaw line and hairline so it looks natural. Also try using a brush instead of those square sponges or your face may look to cakey;
- Never combine blush powder with other makeup creams;
- I find that a pink shade can bring an older complexion to life;
- Use apricot shades on pale skin and dusty roses on darker skin;
- If your skin is oily, a powder brush will last longer;
- Always dip the brush quickly and flick your wrist to stroke the cheek lightly;
- Never apply blusher on the nose for corrective purposes;
- Never apply too much blusher otherwise your face will look as a mask; and
- At this point you can apply an illuminator at the highest point of your cheek bone to accentuate.